If you press the record button on your microphone and a + is typed, there are a few easy things to check.
There are 4 possible reasons the + sign would be typed out instead of the Talkatoo dictation being started.
- Ensure Talkatoo is running
- Ensure microphone is selected in Talkatoo - In the Talkatoo settings, check that your microphone is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Check that your microphone is in the correct mode - To be used with Talkatoo, the microphone has to be in the correct mode.
Use the links below for the microphone you are using for the steps to check and set the correct mode:
- Are you using Remote Desktop? - The other possible reason it would type a + is if you are dictating into a Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) environment with Talkatoo running on your local computer. To allow the button to work over RDP, you need to make a change to the settings.
For more details, see this article.
- The other possible reason this could happen is if Talkatoo does not have permission to interact with a certain program, most often AviMark or Cornerstone. Test the button outside of your PMS, such as in an email or word and if it works, see this article for information.
That should cover all of the possible reasons you are getting the + sign when pressing Record on your mic. If it's still not working for you, or you had trouble with one of the steps, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at 1-855-886-2156.