The audio input level from your built-in or external microphone will have an impact on the quality of your transcriptions.
This video demonstrates how to set up and troubleshoot microphones for best dictation results with Talkatoo. See below for written instructions.
Higher means a more sensitive microphone. For a noise-cancelling microphone set your volume around 70. For a built-in computer microphone set the volume to around 90.
- Click Start, and type Control Panel, and select when it's listed,
- Change view to show icons if it is currently displaying Category (top right)
- Double click Sound
- Click the Recording tab
- Double Click the microphone you are using
- Click the Levels tab and adjust the slider as needed.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Input.
Select the device you want to use in the list of sound input devices.
- Adjust the input volume by dragging the volume slider.